What is Impact Youth?
Impact Youth is a two semester leadership program that aims at equipping Rwandan youth with professional and leadership skills that will make them competitive on the African and Global job market. The first semester focuses on cross cultural experience whereby accepted students are matched with American students and spend 9 weeks exchanging on cultural themes and working on small projects. The second semester focuses on book reading, guided discussions and professional skills training. We hope that at the end of the program participants will have developed the following key leadership competencies.
• Cross cultural competency
• Creativity and problem solving competency
• Communication competency
• Visioning and Project management competency
• Strategic thinking Competency
• Execution Competency
In partnership with Kivu Gap Year we are offering 65 % scholarship for every student who qualifies for the program which is the cost for the first semester. The remaining 35% will be paid at the beginning of the second semester.
Accepted candidates will have to commit 4 hours per week in the period of 18 weeks.
Starts on 13th February 2018
Ends on 3rd April 2018
Activity( peer to peer meetings, debrief discussions) Days: Wednesdays and Fridays from 2pm to 4pm
Starts on 1st May 2018
Ends on 1st July 2018
Activity( Book reading, debrief discussions, professional skills training) Days: Wednesdays and Fridays from 2pm to 4pm
Eligibility and Admission
This program is open to Rwandan high school graduates, undergraduate students and fresh graduate under the age of 24. Interested people meeting basic requirements are encouraged to start applications right now as we only have 10 spots available. Click here to start your application.
Please note that the deadline for application is 20 January 2018 and the program starts on 12th February 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.